• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Guns and Coffee

brunop

Refresh Key Masher
Staff member
Platinum Contributor
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Yeah - I thought that looked familiar.

I've got three kids in Provo, siblings in Murray, South Jordan, and Alpine, and extended family up and down the Front from Ogden to Manti.

Story

FALaholic #
paracabine & coffee
[Rambling Story time] - one of my dad's buddies was in one of the units that took the Remagen bridge and then stayed in the USAR until he made O6. Said dadbuddy knew of my budding WECSOGgery skills and showed me his fell-off-the-jeep-and-followed-him-home carbine - at some point long after the war, the lower arm had snapped just short of that pivot point. I arranged to take the stock over to one of my juvenile delinquent associates who had learnt some welding in shop class and had his own setup at home. We used a piece of scrap rod (maybe bronze?) that fit inside as a splicer, came out nice and solid. Cost was one six pack of beer provided by aforementioned veteran. So if you run into a M1A1 stock with a weird lower arm repair.... [/Rambling Story time]

PS - hard boiled eggs make me fart.

SmokeEater2

Contributor
FALaholic #
I used to have one of the Tapco FAL mugs as well as a Tapco 1911 mug but, the ex-wife, in a crazy ex-wife moment, returned them to me by throwing them bodily and violently in my driveway. Needless to say, the pieces of shattered cups were worthless in trying to salvage for reassembly. I can build a FAL and, a 1911 but, I can’t build a Tapco cup.

🥲 ☹
They're not from Tapco but they are US made and good quality,On Amazon.

FNFAL coffee mug $12.42

Story

FALaholic #
This cracked me up, figured I'd post pro-bono.

During a NEW Cannon & Coffee specialty morning program, explore Fort Ticonderoga’s world-class collection of 18th-century artillery from a whole new perspective!
Join Fort Ticonderoga Curator Dr. Matthew Keagle for a tour across the guns of Ticonderoga and learn the surprising histories of the museum’s artillery collection, spanning the Atlantic Ocean from the American, French, and Haitian Revolutions all the way to the Spanish American War and World War One.
Learn how historians can read these pieces and discover what they have to tell us about military history, technology, art, and more. Fresh coffee provided!
Available June 25, July 16, & August 6. Limited space available, pre-registration required.