• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Matching #s Imbel kit #3 last one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Slugger

FALaholic #
Here we go with #3. Same deal as the first two, this kit has less finish wear. Available for local pickup Monroe to Seattle.

My third Imbel FAL kit S/N 227569. Originally from Dan’s. I removed the receiver stub and tied up the fore arm ring but that’s about it. It has been packed away until I recently uncovered it and has not been built or used since I received it. This is a matching S/N kit. The #’s on the lower, bolt and carrier all match. Included are the OE imported barrel which is unmarked. All parts are included for a build along with the blank firing adapter. What you see is what is included. No upper receiver or locking shoulder included.

Figured I should let go of this when I saw Gunthings non match kit @ $1150 and matching kit @ $1250 + shipping. I’d like to get $1250 local pickup on the wet side of WA (either in the Seattle area or Monroe). I may be on the high side but I’m not in any dire need to sell. I also am providing detailed photos of the exact kit which you don't get to see from Gunthings.

I only show 37 feedbacks @ 100% here (seems like I had way more? Not sure where they went?) but I go by the same username on Sigforum, S&W forum, and many others. Been around here a long time and have never made a bad transaction. I don’t work that way. I just don’t post a ton.

Not interested parting out. First “I’ll take it” gets it by time stamp. Please follow up with a PM. This item may be cross posted at a later time. I’m going to offer it to my FALfiles brethren first but may post at another site as well if it doesn’t move. If/when I do, I'll edit the ad.

Thanks for looking,
D
P1050883.JPG
P1050884.JPG P1050887.JPG P1050922.JPG P1050923.JPG P1050924.JPG P1050925.JPG P1050926.JPG P1050927.JPG P1050928.JPG P1050932.JPG

Last edited:

Abacab

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
They are worth a lot. Some guy on GunBroker is selling a kit for $1,499 but there are still deals to be found if you keep looking.

A complete STG-58 rifle recently sold for $1,025 on GunBroker but it had a Jesse receiver. If I was that buyer I would replace that Hesse receiver for an old DSA LMT receiver and sell that Hesse receiver. Some one will buy it.
Is there anything functionally that the DSA LMT receiver does that the new DSA StG58 can't or is this just purely from a collector standpoint? Do people feel the machined billet receivers have a better longevity than the current drop forged offerings?

I'm not being flippant. I know the LMTs are well made and collectible, but I do like the new DSA StG58 receiver markings.

Last edited:

Slugger

FALaholic #
I believe Gunplumber did a review of the newer DSA offerings. IIRC they didn't measure up as well as the older LMT's.

Back to our originally scheduled program: Washington residents, I'm going to hold off till the end of the week, then this will be up for grabs to the lower continental US + shipping.

W.E.G.

FAL Files Administrator
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
Gentlemen:

No chit-chat in this thread.

No wedgies, arguing, offhand comnents, or fingers up the butthole.

Dude is selling a kit.

If you want to discuss the subject, and play pocket-pool and cast hooks for queer-baiting, put on your fancy britches, and prance around SOMEWHERE OTHER THAN MARKETPLACE.

Slugger

FALaholic #
Nice try marmoset54. Original claim to second claim: over 5 months. By July 12, you severed our arrangement. I’m not in a rush but, I’m not selling to you. Fool me once . . . .

I’m going back to offering this only to a local buyer in Washington. With all the scam crap going on lately, it’s easier to do a local deal. I sent my info to Super_trouper and never heard a peep.

marmoset54

FALaholic #
Nice try marmoset54. Original claim to second claim: over 5 months. By July 12, you severed our arrangement. I’m not in a rush but, I’m not selling to you. Fool me once . . . .

I’m going back to offering this only to a local buyer in Washington. With all the scam crap going on lately, it’s easier to do a local deal. I sent my info to Super_trouper and never heard a peep.
Ah well. Got settled finally. Such is life.

marmoset54

FALaholic #

Wait. Does that mean I can get my $5OO back? Pretty shitty to do this. We all hit bad times, man.

I had to sell all of my kits ($1Ok worth) just to get settled here for the new job and get squared away after the military. I had no furniture, my dog and his kennel. That’s it.

I just got out of school, was living at the house because I had nothing when I got out. Lost it all during a pretty shitty breakup ala fatal attraction.

I know FALFILES is a bit unregulated rather than AKFiles, but this is complete horseshit.

The kit hasn’t sold yet. I can send you the money whenever you want. Both can come out above.

I Seriously didn’t think I had to explain this to someone in our community but jeez, man. Times sure have freakin changed in our little 2A enclave.

Slugger

FALaholic #
I agree it’s pretty shitty. You started pushing when I still had clearly stated I was only interested in a local deal. Then I was patiently waiting for you to work out this deal from April through July 12th. On July 12 this is the exact email you sent me:

Tue, Jul 12, 5:07 PM​

“I’ve sold all my kits, man. I’ll let you have the $500 paid thus far. Sorry man! An extra $500!”

Then no contact, no email, no private message . . . nothing. Agreement severed, by YOU.

Now you want to come back in and “claim” your kit, really? And get pissed when I say no?

My patience has a limit and you walked away from your deposit on your own. I know life is tough and I’m sorry for your situation. However I’m trying to sell a kit here and I’m tired of getting my chain yanked.

Used to be a time when I couldn’t afford stuff. I never claimed anything then made the seller wait.

“I’ll take it” used to mean something around this forum. To most, I believe it still does.

As to all the others that jumped into this thread and spoke their mind, if you don’t like it, move along. That’s all you need to do. Control yourself and shut your pie hole. This is one of the rules of this forum but many can’t seem to control themselves like a bunch of children.

Gunhaver, you know nothing of this transaction nor were you any part of it . . . move along.

As updated in the ad, I’m looking to move this last kit to a local in WASHINGTON STATE behind enemy lines.

alfa1

FALaholic #
Is there anything functionally that the DSA LMT receiver does that the new DSA StG58 can't or is this just purely from a collector standpoint? Do people feel the machined billet receivers have a better longevity than the current drop forged offerings?

I'm not being flippant. I know the LMTs are well made and collectible, but I do like the new DSA StG58 receiver markings.
Mark and others have made an empirical analysis based on know engineering and metallurgy standards.
The LMT’s were of a forget billet material and supposedgy heat treated in the necessary area denoted in FN’s spec. Call out. One thing for sure about the early receivers, Lewis Machine’ machining of receiver is outstanding and to original specifications (perhaps tightened up a tad) They are excellent and in my opinion on par with any made by FN, Steyr, Imbel.
The one thing that stands out to me is, on the originals or DSA early….there is no indication of any mark indicating ever being Rockwell hardness inspected…. If in the business of machining or metal supply business, alloy call out for material is accompanied by signed certifications when delivered.
Steel alloys that are heat treatable can be spot heat treated to a specific hardness, modern technology.
I’m not familiar with the current DSA receiver alloy or specification, they are making a lot of them, So, I have to assume Dave and his engineering staff (in-house or contract) have it figured out. Imbels have about dried up, Entréprise is now Mark Graham….Your only current option is DSA, they have been here since the beginning.
Your Milage May Vary

Status
Please reply by conversation.