• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Removing and Installing L1A1 Furniture (Plus looking for parts)

Bayrain

FALaholic #
Yeah the stock that is on the L1A1 is probably more expensive, it looks like a UK stock or something I saw on another website, but I just don't like plastic or this pebble grain stock/grip.

I do like the look but not as much as an Early L1A1 with wood furniture.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Yeah the stock that is on the L1A1 is probably more expensive, it looks like a UK stock or something I saw on another website, but I just don't like plastic or this pebble grain stock/grip.

I do like the look but not as much as an Early L1A1 with wood furniture.
Sell the wrong wood stock you bought, here in the market place, and also the plastic furniture, will get back far more cash than is required for the little metal bits needed to complete you lower.

Around here,,,,,,,you could ask,,,how to compute the course and speed needed,,, say for a moon shot, and someone would come along and be able to answer it fr ya.

Around here and with anything FAL/SLR,,,just ask, before buying anything,,,, someone knows all the answers...

Bayrain

FALaholic #
Yeah that's what I figured. I really don't have a welder to repair the grip stud, still need to get the piece from Ernest armory. So I still want to get a complete lower.

I do really want an all wood furniture set, but like I said I have both L1A1 and FAL, so I'm not too concerned, the wood stock I do really like the look of it so I might keep it.

The biggest part was a set of wood handguards which i did purchase off a member here, waiting for payment to arrive so they can be shipped.

Even so I can use the stock but I might still get rid of it and still go for a Rhodie look on my FAL, through and through.

I need to send my rifle off to ARS, buy a flash hider and thread it.

If anything I'll sell my wood stock I incorrectly purchased, and the "pebble grain" furniture on my L1A1 once I can find good proper replacements. Might even keep it once I re-paint the number that was on the plastic stock, looks like it was "90" on yellow.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
If you plan to send your rifle to Mark, let him fit your missing grip stud.
I got a proper flash hider for your rifle,,,,just add it to the list of other metal bits you need when you come down.

Captainrotkopf

FALaholic #
First post here.

I just picked up my third L1A1, a 4-digit Buena Park Entreprise, and getting this buttplate off is a PAIN IN THE BUTT. The plan is to mount some wood I've got, Aussie I believe.

I didn't have this trouble with any of my previous maranyl. Grr. I think the plate's going to end up destroyed.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
That's what I'm afraid of
You're in luck,,,,,I'm not afraid of pulling it off for ya.
The only day I'm unavailable are Tuesdays.
Daytime mostly, except this week.
If you can meet me at 1730,,,NE Tucson, this Tuesday,,, you can give me the lower, and I'll take it home, do the switch out for ya, you can come down and pick it up, or wait till the following Tuesday, and pick it up, in Tucson.
We'd meet outside my Temple, we're in the middle of High Holy Days....

Bayrain

FALaholic #
You're in luck,,,,,I'm not afraid of pulling it off for ya.
The only day I'm unavailable are Tuesdays.
Daytime mostly, except this week.
If you can meet me at 1730,,,NE Tucson, this Tuesday,,, you can give me the lower, and I'll take it home, do the switch out for ya, you can come down and pick it up, or wait till the following Tuesday, and pick it up, in Tucson.
We'd meet outside my Temple, we're in the middle of High Holy Days....
Possibly, I'll see about trying to get out early for that.

On top of that I think I found another FAL that I will be putting that stock onto, I definitely want to keep the Armory marked stock.

Need to wait until next payday before I send out my upper reciever as well, and contact ARS first and see if they even are accepting work right now.

Austrian

FALaholic #
Can you tell me the correct procedure of removing the buttplate of a maronyl stock to access the return spring without the buttstock tool? I can't get further than removing the screw from the buttplate. Is itsupposed to come off? It looks like it is one part with the rest of the stock.

Captainrotkopf

FALaholic #
Can you tell me the correct procedure of removing the buttplate of a maronyl stock to access the return spring without the buttstock tool? I can't get further than removing the screw from the buttplate. Is itsupposed to come off? It looks like it is one part with the rest of the stock.
You need to remove the return spring, then pry off the buttstock. Your question is the reason I finally broke down and bought a buttstock tool.

It's true what people say: without the tool, messing with the buttstock is doable. On a good day. If the gods are smiling on you. With the tool? It's easy-peasy.

Buy the tool.

Austrian

FALaholic #
Thanks, I was afraid of that.
L1A1 parts are incredibly hard to get here in the EU. I'd have to import one from the UK which will amount to something like 75$ probably. Something I tried to avoid until now. But I'll do it and see what other spare parts I can get while I'm at it.

Captainrotkopf

FALaholic #
Thanks, I was afraid of that.
L1A1 parts are incredibly hard to get here in the EU. I'd have to import one from the UK which will amount to something like 75$ probably. Something I tried to avoid until now. But I'll do it and see what other spare parts I can get while I'm at it.
I mean, a REALLY broad-bladed screwdriver will do it, too, but if there's a lot of gunk in there? Short of trying to get some kind of oil down the sides into the threads, then applying firm pressure while guarding against the nut flying out? I did that for years, a couple times, before I broke down and got the tool.

That price is awful, though. Sorry.

Bayrain

FALaholic #
New:
20221028_120226.jpg

Old:
20220910_180252.jpg

Just need to get it threaded now, proper flash hider and a parkerized dust cover.

Are metric and inch Carry handles the same?

Also wanted to try and get a Para FAL now....man I hate my new obsession.