• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

True Christians R Well Prepared 2 Deal with this World, Expect NOTHING from it, Attach to No one, Take on the Hate & Anger of Everyone, REJOICE!

ExCdnSoldierInTx

Don’t California my Texas!
Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
I’ve LONG since stopped reading his posts. I have my Faith. It is very real. I know where I’m headed, and I live and work to serve the Lord.
But I still say “Get behind me, Satan” when needed. SMH.

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Millions self called "believers" will perish.

Those who worship and serve the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

GOD is to be loved, OBEYED and worshipped before anything and anyone else.

-
-
--

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Frankly, since Moses and the old testament history predates Jesus, the familiar strain is that they all burned in hell........... but the recent saved by Jesus did not.

Brooklyn Bridge reasoning.
Many religious officilas leave their religions as they feel that God is dead or why would God allow the travesties to occur?

God is a pretty astute being, and other religions have existed thru the ages, and personal conduct was always what mattered.

God did not just appear suddenly to Moses or Hamaurabbi, or Noah.. God has always existed with many names for eons in eternity.

Religions created subgods and pagan gods/beings, Named as they wanted to do.......as does modern religions as saints, by VOTE by other humans....to explain Gods works, in a way that humans may understand, somewhat.

Jesus was missing for 30 years; it is claimed and he studied with various groups such as the Essenes who believed in reincarnation, as his study of Bhuddism did also.

I suspect that during those missing years that he must have been a charismatic man and had many acquaintances and girlfriends, and maybe a some kids too, before he returned.
He also did a lot of drinking of wine at the time and likely killed animals like sheep and goats for meals, as was the traditional Jewish method.

That he was in a lot of fights with bandits and others is likely, as that was normal in his times is likely.... a tough guy with a brain and a knife.
A rebel for sure ,as the Jewish Rabbis did not consider him a suitable candidate for the Jewish Priesthood....His disciples absorbed his words, but did not write them down for 20-30 years........

Jesus appeared in Jerusalem and vicinity in his 30's, and began to preach conduct and perform some miracles........go and sin no more, etc. He gained a significant following, as his view of God and religious life expanded the simple, survival oriented consciousness of the day. He never started a religion but wanted people to think and to conduct themselves "better" and to recognize Gods works in their lives.

Regarding the afterlife....besides reincarnation, that is a strong likelihood ,as one of Gods secrets, the worst damaged humans many actually transmigrate to the animal state for periods of time, as animals close to humanity.

Everyone knows cats and dogs, horses, etc who seem to be just too human and have an understanding of humanity, while they heal from a bad lifetime.

God has many mansions or dimensions or levels, set aside for humans who create "that mansion" via their conduct as a human during their life....there is no free lunch, and no loan forgiveness..only a re-arrangement of sins/debts, to allow the soul to pay and to grow...

God is great, his secrets are many and his wonders magnificent.
Did he have other kids too?

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Millions self called "believers" will perish.

Those who worship and serve the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

GOD is to be loved, OBEYED and worshipped before anything and anyone else.

-
-
--
Addendum,

The TRUE Christian convictions and ethics should NEVER be waived.
Not an inch.
Not for anyone nor any thing.
Not for some flag, nor constitution, nor country, nor government, nor any other human,
nor animals, nor plants, nor fish.
Not even for the planet. Reason why libtards are wrong in all of their platforms.

A True Christian shall not be MOVED.

-
-
-

Last edited:

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Addendum,

The TRUE Christian convictions and ethics should NEVER be waived.
Not an inch.
Not for anyone nor any thing.
Not for some flag, nor constitution, nor country, nor government, nor any other human,
nor animals, nor plants, nor fish.
Not even for the planet. Reason why libtards are wrong in all of their platforms.

A True Christian shall not be MOVED.

-
-
-

Many "christian" churches ideology are tempered by pragmatism.
They give up Christian ethics and believes to be accepted by government and political correctness. To just get along. To work with whatever can get them by. What ever "works" in the current day and age. Watering down the church of Christ.
These churches put their members at risk and in a path for their demise.

Many people stay silent and others would succumb to the "mob" mentality

in social media and forums.....trading their "faith" and GOD's acceptance for people "acceptance". They are not willing to speak against Evil nor in favor of GOD
because of what "others" may perceive of them. These are not True Christians
but fake and diluted "believers".

-
-
-
-

Last edited:

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
<< Your Ass was Added to MOS11C Ignore List for your Fake Self-Righteousness unfounded crap >>-
I consider myself a fairly decent Christian man but threads like this and posts of yours similar to one quoted make you especially and other Christians look bad. I won't even engage some of the posts in this thread from others that are so whack they don't merit it. To date have read 27 translations of the Bible from start to finish including the earlier ones such as 144 Marcionite and the 1611 which had a complete section deleted.

Have read direct word for word translations from original Hebrew, Greek and Aramain. Have the Hebrew Tanakh. Like the Amplified, New King James (Dead Sea Scroll discovery cleaned up some of the original King James), Holeman (great translation), NASB and ESV are great modern translations.

Also read the Quran and The Hadiths, Book of Mormon, The Agamas, Vedas and The Upanishads, many off the New Age stuff plus native American thats been written and translated. If you don't understand another's beliefs you can't have an educated discussion. If you don't show theirs some respect you have broken the only commandment Jesus says is required.

Number one rule of witnessing is not to hit people with your Bible and tell them they are going to hell if don't listen to you. Thousands of years of religious writings, interpretation and study nobody has a handle on even most of it. Even people with PhDs in theology. If this were a religious discussion group mods would have probably already banned you. Don't disgrace the rest of us by spewing what you apparently do not understand.

Been a few posts in this thread that on a different forum I would be taking to task but here would just alienate more against Christ than win. Some plant, some water and some harvest but witnessing to people whose hearts have not been opened and ask is waste of time. You would be better off learning some sound theology instead of random spew of verses taken out of context then attacking anyone that disagrees with you. Jesus said the majority of church goers and proclaimed Christians he will tell "depart from me you vile and wicked man, I never knew you". Your a solid two to three years of devout prayer for guidance from the Holy Spirit and daily study (Genesis 1:1 through the last verse in Revelation without even skipping all the pages of begat, begat, begat, all of the Levitical law, minor prophets then another year reviewing the New Testamemt while you also learn some of what others believe so able to communicate without comprehension.

I am done with this as to reingage will just be fruitless and likely harmful to someone.

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
I was always impressed with the study of Islam, except for the addition of Jihad, and the advocation of murder of any infidel, who did not convert to Islam. It has poisoned the well for me.

The Catholic Church during the Inquisition practiced the same evil, and is not much better today with its shifting morality regarding the anus and vagina.

The Crusades were of long standing, and God watched mankind at work with the sword. Nobility and butchery on display and greed.

So what matters? What matters to God in your lifetime about you?

All persons have and have had a destiny, that mixed with free will can be a blessing or lost opportunities.
AAA meetings are full of such testimonials, about addictions destroying Gods plans, leaving wreckage and a path seemingly devoid of hope, except for Gods Grace that will only come maybe.

FATE intervenes mindlessly during wars it seems, with no righteous God in sight...and those who survive, will tell you that God apparently had a plan for them.

Families are never the same after wars, but as Plato said, only the dead have seen the end of war.

Personal conduct, service to humanity, the ten commandments and Golden Rule determine your fate. Live with humility and nobility.

I have seen enough personal destruction, of literally dozens of "not necessarily bad persons, but morally flawed persons, many (church goers,) thru my 74 years, let alone national figures whom we have all seen blow up.......to tell you that the rules ARE simple, and rarely does God intervene to save your ass, but he does, as he has saved mine at least twice. He may use you as his tool.

God may be in the "rope business"...give you enough rope.

I pick no church as the "right one".........I believe that Jesus might agree after looking at what has been wrought over the last 2000 years.....................greed and riches, was not part of his program, nor was the Pharisees who appear like weeds thru eternity.

Mankind is beset by criminality, or easily broken morality, and it behooves us all to stand righteously against it all, and Communism, while being as charitable and moral as possible in our own small family and neighborhood circles.

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Fake Christians are not Prepared to deal with the fallen World.
They would become "like" the World.
They would become accessories to the crimes of this World.
They become aggressive against the Word of GOD and those who preach it.
For them it is more important the "feelings" of the masses than what the message really is.
Jesus said it himself that He did not come here to bring peace...but a sword.
He came here to divide those who are WITH the Word from those who are offended by the Word.

Lukewarm christians make every attempt to make everything about this World
and not about the Gospel.
They deflect, lie, suppress, blame others, blame the messenger, blame the message delivery ....and all for the sake of corrupted "people"....never for the sake of GOD.

They never Praise the Lord in any of the chats nor in any forum....NEVER.....they only

show up to KILL the messenger....so that they can KILL the message.
It is pretty obvious and hypocritical.

-
-
-

Last edited:

MOS11C

FALaholic #
They never Praise the Lord in any of the chats nor in any the forums....NEVER.....they only
show up to KILL the messenger....so that they can KILL the message.
It is pretty obvious and hypocritical.

-
-
-
And then there are those who dislike the delivery of the message.
Well, understandable, since it is Jesus message, that BTW,
NO ONE liked His message either, message that was coming out of His own mouth.
His message was 90% having to do with GOD's wrath and the condemnation of man.
For this He was persecuted and killed.

It is these contemporary creatures of today the same people who would

have condemned our Lord Jesus to His suffering and death....Exactly the same people.

-
-
-

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Actually, there is only one generation between the Bible’s story of creation and the first homicide. And not that the first generation did any better. Most of the deadly sins
were already practiced by the founders.

Mankind’s descent into sinfulness was fast and severe.
And it's gotten even worse. You can't block the sun with a finger.

It just took a few Chapters in Scriptures and a few generations.

-
-
-

MOS11C

FALaholic #
One could imagine what the multitude felt when our Lord said that His family was really those who do the WILL OF GOD...which were not necessarily blood family.

If it would have happened HERE today then most in this forum would have hated Him, called Him crazy
and reported him to the Mods to be banned.

Ring a bell?.....LOL

-
-
-

Last edited:

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Many persons throughout history have believed in reincarnation. Patton was just one of the famous ones.
100 years ago the Spiritualists, and Madame Blavatsky for another, fascinated the world.

Many persons seem to have past life remembrances related to a time in history that they are immensely attracted to.

I am most fascinated with the transmigration theory, where damaged souls with flaws like suicide, would become a horse, mule or an elephant to quiet their consciousness down.

Persons who die of OD's might qualify too.
God gave man domaine over the animals.

To limit God by saying that he would not do that or this in the afterlife or during life itself, is pure ego.

Hell is not necessarily like Dantes Inferno.
Many live in a hell on earth today.

Everlasting life, does not mean everlasting life in hell or heaven but the time necessary for the great judge of mankind, to be somewhat satisfied about the individual souls progress and usefullness. The many mansions or dimensions after life are not likely a playground with 72 virgins or similar immoral fun times.

10,000 years of written history, and we still have people who claim that everyone from Moses on to Jesus and millions today, will burn in hell..............pure ego.

I like Hammurabi and Solomon by the way, and Bhudda.
Jesus never formed a Church or a Brick and Mortar org.....blame Constantine for that good work and the end of Lions eating Christians.

MOS11C

FALaholic #
True Christians,
There is a very interesting portion of Scripture that pertains to this Thread's subject matter.
It's one that must be understood by True believers.
It's one that I think today is pertinent because it tells us what to expect as True believers in the world.
We're not only seeing it in this forum, the internet or this country , but we are seeing it across the globe even today.
It's a prophecy that our Lord gave, and it has always been fulfilled, and it is being fulfilled before us right now.

..... the Gospel of John

-
-
-

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
V Guy, going to comment as you brought up something I have used (its sound theology if don't pick and choose a verse or piece of one but consider the entire Word) when discussing suicide as a subject or family of someone who fell to it. Jesus told the thief on the cross (while probably a thief too most likely he was being executed for violent terrorism against the state and a compatriot of Barabbas, actually both men crucified with Jesus) today you will be with me in Paradise.

Using the NASB because very accurate modern translation for our culture and from Luke as he was the most methodical of the four writers of the gospels. That said a group of poets, playwrights and popular authors hit the Old Testament 95+% correct per examination of the original Hebrew texts. My God is powerful enough to create the universe (quantum physics, perfect math and not one atom out of place) thus making sure a group of men get what will become the most used version of His Word on paper correctly for their time had to be drop dead easy.

39 One of the criminals who were hanged there was hurling abuse at Him, saying, “Are You not the Christ? Save Yourself and us!” 40 But the other responded, and rebuking him, said, “Do you not even fear God, since you are under the same sentence of condemnation? 41 And we indeed are suffering justly, for we are receiving what we deserve for our crimes; but this man has done nothing wrong.” 42 And he was saying, “Jesus, remember me when You come into Your kingdom!” 43 And He said to him, “Truly I say to you, today you will be with Me in Paradise.”
If you go beyond the Bible to Roman and other historical writings of the day crucifixion was not used for just the crime of thievery but mainly insurrection against Roman authority. The group that Barabbas and his cohorts were associated with were known to steal and often by violent means but notice Luke calls them criminals. Likely thieves and murderers because it's how theA group associated with Barabbas operated but these are hairs not required to split as the concept here is they were both sinners and the one who basically in his dying breaths recognized Jesus as Saviour and was accepted into Heaven.

How does this apply to suicide and entrance to heaven? Who is to say from the time someone takes that lethal dose of drugs and the demons possessing them leave their dying body (remember when Jesus cast out the demons and they asked to go into the pigs, the buggers are not hanging around if their host is dying as their job is done) the suicide victim does not receive Christ as their Savior and pass on to heaven?

Consider the Big Bang (science says happened faster than we can measure time) or as the Bible says "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" and this happened tens of thousands of times faster than it takes the average hammer to fall not even counting lock time from trigger pull, multiple mechanical parts to move, hit a primer to initiate a chemical reaction, loose bullet from case, travel down bore, exit muzzle and say a heart shot (10 to 15 seconds till death as not a CNS shot) that the person doesn't have a "come to Jesus" moment and take their place in heaven. May not have any treasure stored up like a Saint but even a poor man in heaven is in a great place.

A good student seldom uses just one book to study a complex issue or to prove a hypothesis or concept. Digging into contemporary writings of Roman, Hebrew and other historians of the time while using multiple translations of the Bible (so many Hebrew words had a dozen meanings) then the lack of punctuation can really change a passage just by where the translator in later eras decides to place commas and periods can make big influences on how it reads. People who snatch one verse and interpret it in a manner to slap others around is at the best, academically challenged and at worst leading themselves and possibly others the wrong direction. A man can use the Authorized King James only but if does not read every word and then again using what's in Genesis and other books when applying meaning to a verse or passage in the New Testament is robbing themselves of potential understanding.

Took me two trips through two different translations to finally get the wife to understand why we don't skip the pages or chapters of "begats" that establish lineage so O.T. prophecy of where, when and how the Messiah will be born then die as the final blood sacrifice for our sins can be verified. One person born out of order and Jesus could not be the Messiah prophesied. But reading the prophecy, following the lineage, using maps of the times so we are sure he is born in the correct place then raised so comes from the correct place all falls apart. Jesus fulfilled more than 324 individual prophecies that related to the Messiah. The odds of this are only able to be calculated using scientific notation. Just to fulfill 48 prophecies is 1 in 10×157 so to hit over 300 melts my scientific calculator. Yes serious study of the Bible requires math, science (physics and astronomy especially) and archeology.

Don't throw out a single verse using large text and lots of exclamation marks then tell people they are going to hell. This is important stuff and if your incapable of expressing rational reasoning for a belief then consider taking a couple of years and at least pick up an associates degree in theology if your unable to learn it yourself without lots of help from professionals. Knew a preacher once of a fairly large but very Bible illiterate congregation. Turns out he could not read, during the week would have his wife read him a few verses or a passage then would rant for an hour each Sunday on his interpretation of said verse he kind of remembered. He set in on my wife telling her she was going to hell because she decided to remarry after a divorce where her ex met some younger girl and took off. I grabbed an Authorized King James (told me using my New King James was sending me to hell) then proceeded to use a myriad of verses, passages and chapters to totally debunk him where discovered he couldn't follow a logical discussion on scripture because he couldn't read it. Bet if he could write he would use large text to spew odd verses at random on a firearms discussion forum.

MOS11C

FALaholic #
One research group recently estimated that about 100 million people, who call themselves Christians, are under persecution in the world today....about 100 million. Probably more.

The persecution by Islam is the most open persecution against Christians.
It started back in the 7th century and is still going on today in at least 41 Muslim countries.

But Christians have not just been the object of Muslim hatred
.........Christians have been, throughout the whole history of the church, the most hated and the most persecuted people in the world, particularly TRUE Christians.

But even nominal "in name only" Christians have been persecuted.

-
-

-

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
MOS11C is nothing apparently, but Torquemada lite, in a current guise. The Inquisition was his greatest achievement

"Torque" hated Jews, and everyone he believed was a poor christian..he actually carried out his pogrom and tortured/burned hundreds, if not thousands at the stake at the behest of the Pope.

If he thought that you were lying about recanting Judiasm..he cut your balls off.

MOS11C's postings are not unlike Torques methods, and of course do not let me forget about the Salem Witch Trials, where they burned anyone, with any new age ideas of philosophy, and who was also not a good christian.....CALLING THEM WITCHES.

The 1st Amendment was to protect citizens like Quakers, Catholics, Mormons, etc, from maniacs even today, who would do the Salem "smoker" on you.

Freedom of Religion, is also freedom from religion. That is why we do not have a state religion.

NOW,
Lets say that 35 years ago you were part of a group that studied Ronald Reagan.

Today, you and the other 6 guys decide to write about Reagan, but you cannot really remember what he said, but only in general, like "Mr. Gorbachev tear down this wall." and you all write about Ronny, but compare notes, so that no one appears to be an asshole.............. and you leave out Iran Contra.

The Gospels are just like that....political documents, written long after the fact, except they tried to suppress the Gnostics and Peter and Thomas and etc etc.
https://listverse.com/2017/07/20/top-10-gospels-you-wont-find-in-the-bible/

The Council of Nicea simply assembled a bible, selected a Cross of sorts..many cross designs existed... and not an X, that would satisfy most sects, and to allow the building of Brick and Mortar Churches in the Rpoman Empire, glorifying Jesus, so that people could attend and follow the same old rules of conduct as the Pagan beliefs advocated.

The Crusades were a monstrous example, not of God, but of mankind's political struggles; and even then the Pope tried to kill off the Templars in the end, for good old greed and cash/loot. I expect that Pope is now a saint, but I can assure you he likely burned in hell. Rich vestments and gold, indeed.

Now, as only personal conduct matters, and NOT a get out of jail card, from good old knife carrying, womanizing, wine swilling Jesus, we still have to deal with Torquemada types who would apparently kill you on sight, for analyzing who Jesus was, and how he likely lived and for being a jew or Muslim and for analyzing the "gospels". That includes Musims and Democrats.

Trying to analyze each sentence of the old and new testament is not a puzzle or game, but simply a guide for life in general. Take it or leave it.
Islam recognized Abraham and the old Testament as part of its dogma.

Jews exist, as do Muslims and I can assure you, none of them are going to burn in any hell because they do not follow Jesus, or the words of ancient politicians who crafted Gospels back in the day, and the Gospels the 325 ad Council ignored,..................... the likely more truthful gospels, to better control the people, as Torquemada did.

Religion is not a guarantee, only your conduct morally and ethically is.

Don't be a Pharisee.

Last edited:

hueyville

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
True Christians,
There is a very interesting portion of Scripture that pertains to this Thread's subject matter.
It's one that must be understood by True believers.
It's one that I think today is pertinent because it tells us what to expect as True believers in the world.
We're not only seeing it in this forum, the internet or this country , but we are seeing it across the globe even today.
It's a prophecy that our Lord gave, and it has always been fulfilled, and it is being fulfilled before us right now.
..... the Gospel of John
Again using NASB as seems to translate well to the under 35 crowd and is well translated with use of the Dead Sea Scrolls and originally first book released was John in 1960 and in entirety in 1963/1965. It saw a rewrite in 1995 then again in 2020 as between 2007 and 2019 (2015, 16, 17, 18 and 2019 saw major pre Christ ministry copies of O.T. scrolls, historical writings done during Christ's life (remember for a scribe to write anything that reflected poorly on Rome was a death sentence so often have to "read between the lines" to find the truth in many) or within fifty years of his death meaning were still people alive who saw and heard Christ that could call B.S. on improperly written accounts. Many new archeological finds proving existence of cities mentioned in the Bible never before located, a memorial dedicated to King David dating back hundreds of years before Christ and the first archeological plus written stories about David found outside the Bible and other finds that were a huge boost to verification of towns, travel routes and lives of people from O.T. to N.T.

Get the back story on translations, rewrites and what additional proof discovered to fine tune them. Then don't use just one but I like a two or three column Bible where can compare two or three translations side by side or Amplified which gives up to four or five different possible translations of difficult verses based on the many different uses of a word based on how it was used and without punctuation could have two or three polar opposite meanings where each person has to pray for guidance to try and discern which it is. John 1 begins below:

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things came into being through Him, and apart from Him not even one thing came into being that has come into being. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the Light of mankind. 5 And the Light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not grasp it.
Then we have 21 chapters ending below at last few verses of chapter 21:

15 Now when they had finished breakfast, Jesus *said to Simon Peter, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me more than these?” He *said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He *said to him, “Tend My lambs.” 16 He *said to him again, a second time, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me?” He *said to Him, “Yes, Lord; You know that I love You.” He *said to him, “Shepherd My sheep.” 17 He *said to him the third time, “Simon, son of John, do you love Me?” Peter was hurt because He said to him the third time, “Do you love Me?” And he said to Him, “Lord, You know all things; You know that I love You.” Jesus *said to him, “Tend My sheep.

18 Truly, truly I tell you, when you were younger, you used to put on your belt and walk wherever you wanted; but when you grow old, you will stretch out your hands and someone else will put your belt on you, and bring you where you do not want to go.” 19 Now He said this, indicating by what kind of death he would glorify God. And when He had said this, He *said to him, “Follow Me!”

20 Peter turned around and *saw the disciple whom Jesus loved following them—the one who also had leaned back on His chest at the supper and said, “Lord, who is the one who is betraying You?” 21 So Peter, upon seeing him, *said to Jesus, “Lord, and what about this man?” 22 Jesus *said to him, “If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you? You follow Me!” 23 Therefore this account went out among the brothers, that that disciple would not die; yet Jesus did not say to him that he would not die, but only, “If I want him to remain until I come, what is that to you?”

24 This is the disciple who is testifying about these things and wrote these things, and we know that his testimony is true. 25 But there are also many other things which Jesus did, which, if they were written in detail, I expect that even the world itself would not contain the books that would be written.
What are our major take aways from the book of John your placing so much emphasis? Do you know why Jesus asked Simon "do you love me" three times and why it chapped Peter's rear end? What are the key passages your so adamant about? Would you teach instead of spew a bold tag line please? Even if someone has a different view on a passage I want to hear as may be lead to realize a different take is likely more accurate than how I looked at it in the past. Why not say Matthew instead of John? I personally get more out of Matthew but all four of the Gospels must be studied and their different viewpoints on same events and lessons keenly observed.

One research group recently estimated that about 100 million people, who call themselves Christians, are under persecution in the world today....about 100 million. Probably more.

The persecution by Islam is the most open persecution against Christians.
It started back in the 7th century and is still going on today in at least 41 Muslim countries.

But Christians have not just been the object of Muslim hatred
.........Christians have been, throughout the whole history of the church, the most hated and the most persecuted people in the world, particularly TRUE Christians. But even nominal "in name only" Christians have been persecuted.
Matthew 7 (in part):
7 “Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. 2 For in the way you judge, you will be judged; and by your standard of measure, it will be measured to you. 3 Why do you look at the speck that is in your brother’s eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? 4 Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ and look, the log is in your own eye? 5 You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother’s eye! 6 “Do not give what is holy to dogs, and do not throw your pearls before pigs, or they will trample them under their feet, and turn and tear you to pieces.

7 “Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened. 9 Or what person is there among you who, when his son asks for a loaf of bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, he will not give him a snake, will he? 11 So if you, despite being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask Him! 12 “In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.13 “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is constricted that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

15 “Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes, nor figs from thistles, are they? 17 So every good tree bears good fruit, but the bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 So then, you will know them by their fruits.

21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but the one who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; leave Me, you who practice lawlessness.’
The greatest threat to Christianity in this century is the Christianity of this century. It is a far greater threat than Islam, which can never destroy the gospel. Christendom, however, can easily destroy the gospel and is destroying the gospel. The church today is the greatest threat to real Christianity in the world. The way so many churches are teaching what congregations want to hear and provide "baby sitting" service for free most folks are happy.

On Wednesday night we do a 90 minute children's service and 90 minute teen service, parents start dropping kids off at least a half hour early then usually show up twenty minutes late to pick them up and never come in for the adult service. They just got over two hours of free childcare while they went out for dinner and drinks. Many of these kids come alive in Christ for a season then graduate, go off to college or get jobs and are not seen again till have kids and begin dropping them off Wednesday evening and Sundays are able to crawl out of bed before noon.

We have had one solid active shooting attempt and two others a strong security team picking up on a threat and surrounding it in manner to just let them know "we are watching you closely" and two of three were Christians there to shoot ex-wife and new boy friend. We have had four attempted kidnappings and all were parents involved in bitter custody battle trying to get the kids out of children's pod while spouse with custody was in adult service.

Oddly the few Muslims who have visited were quite polite. There are true Muslims and radical Muslims, the true ones are often nicer than half our members. We had one radical show with possible intent but when security put man in row behind, men in same row then had one approach to politely ask if o.k. to look in bag that violated our no pack (bigger than a kindergarten kids pack with his toys and stuff) he managed to elude approaching security person, man staged on row beside and behind him, man at sanctuary doors and two of our uniformed cops at main doors, parking lot volunteers and officer and his out of state plates had been stolen the day before.

A decent article from a church blog in which author is not named or would give credit. Was just signed "staff writer". These draw my attention as either written by a humble person or total freak who doesn't want their name associated with their writings. Does a good job using scripture and teachings from Jesus to call it, proclaimed Christians are our biggest danger. " Had to borrow that bold text button but worry you might not be wearing your bifocals and need the more important parts highlighted so you can read them.
The greatest threat to Christianity today comes from within the church, not without. There are so many people attending church, calling themselves Christians and yet they do not believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. Many do not believe in Satan, hell or demons, but claim to follow Jesus. There are many pastors who refuse to teach about sin. What a confused and mixed message these people are sending to those who are not believers. In essence, they are claiming to have more wisdom and knowledge than God. That is a very scary thought, for I know the fate of one person who tried to ascend above the throne of God. He was cast from heaven along with one-third of the angels:

“How you are fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How you are cut down to the ground, you who weakened the nations! For you have said in your heart: ‘I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God; I will also sit on the mount of the congregation on the farthest sides of the north; (Isaiah 14:12-13)

People are only fooling themselves if they think they can rise above the teachings of Christ and then claim to be His follower. They are really followers of Satan and have been deceived, just as Eve and Adam were deceived. In their case, they recognized their sin and repented. Many people today are so caught up with playing the Christian without actually walking as one; they do not recognize their sin. They think they are spiritually on point and all the people quoting Scripture are freaks, who do not interpret the Bible in light of our current society.

Let me explain something. Jesus was a radical. He did not embrace the norms of society. He did not praise the works of the religious leaders. He called them hypocrites and white washed tombs. He knew they were no longer teaching and walking according to God’s Word. They were walking according to the traditions of man. They embraced man’s way over God’s Word. Jesus Himself said the Pharisees, the great religious leaders, were heading for hell:

For I say to you, that unless your righteousness exceeds the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, you will by no means enter the kingdom of heaven (Matthew 5:20).

I think the warning Jesus was giving each one of us was very simple and very clear, “Do not follow man; follow God.” The only way you can truly follow the Lord is to know His Word. Without the Bible, there is no way you can know God or understand the guidance He has provided for our lives. He has a great plan for every one of us, but if we choose to walk in ignorance of Him and His Word, we will miss out on His will for our lives.

As a Christian, if you choose to continue in sin and ignore God’s Word, you certainly have the freedom to follow this course of action, or inaction. You can walk in ignorance of God and His Word, but I beg of you—I plead with you—please do not tell people you are a Christian. Do not speak out when a real Christian writes a blog or a post about the biblical perspective on the moral issues in our society today. I say this because you do not know God’s Word, so you have nothing to share. All you have is your own opinion, which is foolish in the light of God’s wisdom. When you say, “The Bible does not say that,” you are only putting your biblical ignorance on display for all to see.

It is better to remain silent, not just to conceal spiritual ignorance, but to avoid causing confusion and division. When people speak out about what the Bible teaches without ever reading it, they are confusing people who are not Christians and causing division in the church. Non-Christians commonly believe the Bible is open to interpretation because they hear conflicting beliefs by so-called Christians. More often than not, the conflict is not over God’s Word, but the lack of knowledge people have of the Bible. They say the Bible says something it does not say.

Here are a few common misconceptions people like to say:

“Jesus loves everyone, so no one is going to hell,” but the Bible says:

And if anyone hears My words and does not believe, I do not judge him; for I did not come to judge the world but to save the world. He who rejects Me, and does not receive My words, has that which judges him—the word that I have spoken will judge him in the last day (John 12:47-48).

“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats” (Matthew 25:31-32).

“The Bible says not to judge others,” but the Bible really says:

But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person. For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.” (1 Corinthians 5:11-13)

“God does not judge homosexuality, only lust,” but the Bible says:

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them (Leviticus 20:13).

For this reason God gave them up to vile passions. For even their women exchanged the natural use for what is against nature. Likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful, and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due (Romans 1:26-27).

“All roads lead to heaven,” but the Bible says:

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6)

I could continue, but I would encourage every person who claims to be a Christian to do their homework. Before you say, “Thus says the Lord, …” which carries a great responsibility, read your Bible and do the research. What does the Bible really say and what does God call His children to be.

All Christians are sinners, saved by grace. We all fall short of the glory of God. None of us should ever put ourselves above another person, but should share the Gospel of Jesus Christ in love, praying for those who are perishing. Do not get caught up with non-essential things but hold true to the doctrine of salvation.

Heed the words of Paul and avoid those who would bring division to the body of Christ: Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them (Romans 16:7).
I wasn't going to engage this thread but someone is so far off the tracks just felt responsible to point the train back onto the rails instead of a country gravel road before we had a fatal accident where someone ends up with a surprised look on their face when standing in line with a silly grin till Saint Peter tells them at the gate need to get in the other line headed toward that Great White Throne judgment instead of walking on in like they own the place looking for their mansion. If I just get a decent spot to pitch a tent under a bridge in heaven I will be happy enough. Hope I have deposited a bit of treasure but not assuming anything more than getting in the gate as my past has not been as clean as it should and still mess up on regular occasion.

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Christians have been persecuted by many nations and many regimes throughout history.
Go back to the 19th century and you will find that the Ottomans massacred about two-and-a-half million Christians.
Go back to the 20th and it’s estimated that the Soviets killed half a million Christians....The Germans, another quarter of a million.

Christians have been persecuted by the tens of thousands all over the planet.

From Madagascar to Spain, from Mexico to China, from Japan to India, from Germany to Russia, from France to all kinds of countries in the Middle East.

Our Lord explicitly predicts hatred from the world for Christians, and He even tells us why.

-
-
-

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Christianity is hated in this entire World because it is TRUE.

And the whole world lies in the lap of Satan, who is a liar....the master of lies.

Satan lies about GOD, lies about man and lies about the Word of GOD.
Satan lies about the Word in the Bible. Satan will make his children
excerpt certain verses from Scripture (and not others) to manipulate the
uneducated masses. Satan is smarter than his puppets.
Satan knows that corrupted men will use his service to undermine the preacher
and satisfy man's ego. To win arguments by the lukewarm.
Satan wants the preacher and the TRUE Christian to debate the undebatable:
the Holy Word of GOD.
But True Christian will not fall for that.
Because our Lord Jesus did not allow it either.
Jesus put these people, who wanted to debate Him and to trick Him,
in their place immediately.

Jesus prepared us, by leading us with His example, to deal with this filthy World.
Jesus is smarter than satan.....and Jesus is the smartest of them all. Amen.

-
-
-

Last edited:

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
What religion is God?

That cannot be answered.

God is certainly is not "Christian," anymore than he is Muslim or Bhuddist.

God did not write the Gospels, men did, and they wrote with fear in the shadow of 79 AD pogrom by the Roman Empire.
Same with the Old Testament and the Book of Mormon and Koran.

Jesus was born a Jew and died a Jew....Moses and Abraham's boy.

The bible is not a puzzle key for getting out of this life, scott free.... for most people do not even understand the first Commandment..thou shalt not steal..................they go to Church and many to the Casino as much as they can.

Gambling of any sort, is attempting to steal the Casinos money or other players money.....yet the stupid do not understand it as a basic ethical and moral lapse on their part,---to get something for nothing...it is stealing, and poo poo such admonitions, but will shake the bible as some sort of supermans cape, while they ignore the rules, and condemn those not in their particular brainwashing circle.

Most Churches have had, and are experiencing clandestine romances...another dumb unimportant rule about Adultery....it turns off the other parisioners, and the travel circle to other denominations and churches is continual. I have seen this in many churches and heard about such destructive trysts over and over.

Jesus said "to pray in secret", indivudually...............the ostentatiousness of today's churches, plays right into the hands of those who try to portray themselves as the most deserving and most holy as they attend...

Pray in secret.......... and Jesus did not say to go to any particular church or temple................not any church. He also did not create the Christian Church.

Whenever two or 3 are gathered together in my name, I will be there...according to scripture. Reasonable too,

The wisdom of Solomon ought to be the first chapter in the New Testament, and I have as much right to my opinions as did King James or Constantine regarding that.

Education is not the devils handiwork and Jesus would agree with me.

Many people follow the horoscopes and that is of long standing...centuries. I pay little attention but it is said that each soul will live a certain number of lifetimes under each sign of the zodiac...many mansions??

I guess God did not create the zodiac or the study of it or math or science or the study of religions free of the fetters of Torquemada and hidebound types, chained to a sentence or two............... and not to personal ethical moral conduct.

MOS11C

FALaholic #
Christianity is hated in this entire World because it is TRUE.

....continuation.....

Christianity tells you the truth about everything...specially Everything that matters:
the truth about God,
the truth about man,
the truth about sin,
the truth about time,
the truth about eternity,
the truth about creation,
the truth about consummation,
the truth about hell,
the truth about heaven,
the truth about sin,
the truth about righteousness,
the truth about life,
the truth about death,
the truth about the afterlife.

Christianity tells the truth because the Bible tells the truth.

Satan is a liar and he dominates the world kingdom,
he and his demons.

-
-
-

Tuhlmann

THAT guy
Contributor
FALaholic #
This thread has been reduced (which wasn’t much of a task) to two wackadoodles typing to themselves and thinking they’re each winning. I haven’t read a word, but given the volume of text I’m guessing the depths of psychopathy are unsurpassed. Fuck yeah, baby!

Last edited: