• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Dinner guests

lew

FALaholic #
Adorable. How much land ya got there? I have a herd of a dozen mulies that like to saunter through like they own the place.

gunplumber

Arrogant Bastard
Gold Contributor
FALaholic #
When I lived in Beverly Hills . . ..

Yeah, I know that's a weird one, but Daddy was big in Banamex/International Banking. Doesn't mean I didn't have to spit shine his shoes for $0.25 each allowance, and work at Kory's Deli for $20/day ($2.50/hr for you math challenged folks)

We had deer come down from Beverly Canyon to eat our small lawn. It was beautiful.

yellowhand

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Stellar is what I hear tell.
Good reports on the covfefe, too.

I told wifey about the enchiladas and she asked, "when are we leaving?"

:ROFLMAO:

Come on down,,,,,,,,,,,,,beef cooked slowly for 18 hours in green sauce, 4 mexican cheeses, fine ground white onions, a little more green sauce, baked in a little olive oil in pan, with more green sauce,smothered in cheeses, and of course more green,,,served hot!

Last edited:

V guy

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
Pittsburgh's suburbs, like the South Hills........have immense deer herds. Many limp from being hit by cars......deer culling is regular.

I once saw the most immense buck walk past the house...250+ lbs...

I also have seen deer drop fawns around memorial day, in the back yard's evergreens.
Raccoons, squirrels, turkey flocks, foxes abound in Pittsburgh.

Back around 2005, a male Lion was see eating deer........he was chased away, and headed to West Va, or Ohio, it is claimed.......likely, he escaped from a local private collection, of big cats .

Last edited:

Pluribus

Testudo Sicario & Mediocris Albus Diaboli
Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I live within a mile of an 80 acre wildlife park next to our county zoo which is also about 100 acres. We have often had all manner of wildlife from wild turkey, deer, Fox and, even coyotes roaming into suburbia that surrounds the Park area. About three years ago I had a young buck roam in my backyard in bed down but unfortunately, he had some manner of disease and died in my backyard. I posted a thread about it at the time. Currently, I have a feral cat that’s been living in my backyard and, under my deck. I’ve been putting food out for him since the weather turned cold and even given him shelter in the form a large plastic tub that I turned over, cut a hole in and, stuffed some old quilted shirts in for bedding. He is completely wild though and, I’m sure he’s never known the touch of a human even though he acts all cuddly and stuff when he looks in the back window. Even knows when it’s dinner time looking through the window when I feed my cats which are strictly indoor. He won’t let me approach him though. All fangs and hissing if I try although, he stands his ground but never tries to charge or attack, just on guard. He might make a damn fine barn cat and, I considered trapping him to give to a needy Farmer, lol. I threw a course of dewormer mix in the food to try to give him a bit of intestinal health but, he’s a healthy looking specimen otherwise.
67EB040A-8953-4EFD-BA38-00BB3B8A6518.jpeg

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
I remember that thread on sick deer.
Cats do not live long around here.
Feral or house.
This:
About my feral backyard tenant, my oldest daughter named him “Handsome Stranger”. He is a good looking fellow and acts cuddly and submissive rubbing the door as he watches me pet my kitty kids through the window like he wants to get pet also but, the minute I open the door, all fangs and hissing as he withdraws. Ungrateful bastard, lol.

alphadog58

FALaholic #
Keep doing what you're doing. He might come around after a while. When my daughter was small we got two feral kittens. They were pretty wild but daughter wanted to keep them. They lived in her bedroom for a few months with her working with them to get them to trust her. One became friendly and cuddly, the other would tolerate being petted but he ended up becoming one of the barn cats.
Larry

Pluribus

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Keep doing what you're doing. He might come around after a while. When my daughter was small we got two feral kittens. They were pretty wild but daughter wanted to keep them. They lived in her bedroom for a few months with her working with them to get them to trust her. One became friendly and cuddly, the other would tolerate being petted but he ended up becoming one of the barn cats.
Larry
I’m a long way off from any of that but, I’ve gotten to the point where when I open the door, he retreats hissing and growling slightly but will stop about 5 feet away and wait for me to fill the bowls with water and food. I can stand up and stand still about a foot away from the chow and, he’ll approach cautiously eyeballing me the whole time but, will eat keeping an eye on me the whole time. I figure I’ll start to gradually kneel down perhaps to get more on eye level to let him know I am no threat to him. He did get bopped with the feed bag one day when he put his claws out with a warning swipe at me. Nothing painful as it was only a 1 pound bag of cat chow that was about half full. Just enough to let him know I wasn’t having any of that. Sometimes I take a spray bottle set to stream with me just in case. I’ve only used that one time so, he learns fast. He also often watches me pet my cats through the window still so, maybe that’ll rub off on him and get the hint.