• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Scam alert!

GUNSRFUN

FALaholic #
Update. Hackers hacked my Yahoo email account. Then went to GB and changed everything except my address and phone. They never really sell anything..they post pictures to steal money. As a notice to everyone on this board...change your passwords regularly to at least 12 characters (letters...upper and lower, numbers and special characters). They were in my email account at yahoo. Everytime I signed out...I was automatically signed back in. The F'n Creeps were watching everything I did online. Who knows...now they will try to rob my place. Hope I am here for some refreshing target practice...so I can warm up a FAL! GB informed me that they accessed my GB account through my email address then changed my GB email and info. My GB account is back on line, but seriously thinking about a complete shutdown.

CeltofMissouri

Mug Rooster
FALaholic #
I visit a site called guns.com once in a while. Yesterday I tried to log on and found my username and password had been changed. I had a link emailed to me and was able to take care of things that way. No one appeared to have tried to use my account, just hacked it and left it. Probably some nut planning on trying to sell whatever later on down the line. I was lucky I caught it beforehand.

OMCHamlin

FALaholic #
GB needs to add a two step verification, like 5 years ago... and a CS department.
So many scams that appear to be legit at first and even after a scrupulous examination. Be careful out there.
^^^ They've never had customer support and never will. Of that I'd be willing to lay good money and give odds. Sorry for your trouble and best of luck to you.
If you look at it from Gun Brokers point of view, if they are getting by (profiting, making a buck…), why would they bother with expensive staffing like that? They’ve never had customer support, like you said, so where is their business case for creating one? Far easier to just deny your existence, close your account and go on raking a percentage in…

auggiedoggie

Bronze Contributor
FALaholic #
Update. Hackers hacked my Yahoo email account. Then went to GB and changed everything except my address and phone. They never really sell anything..they post pictures to steal money. As a notice to everyone on this board...change your passwords regularly to at least 12 characters (letters...upper and lower, numbers and special characters). They were in my email account at yahoo. Everytime I signed out...I was automatically signed back in. The F'n Creeps were watching everything I did online. Who knows...now they will try to rob my place. Hope I am here for some refreshing target practice...so I can warm up a FAL! GB informed me that they accessed my GB account through my email address then changed my GB email and info. My GB account is back on line, but seriously thinking about a complete shutdown.
All of my email addresses used on different sites have a 2 step if someone tries to access it from a different computer or another device other than my own, I get a message asking if it's me before they grant access.

Last edited:

mullicrk

FALaholic #
Hackers, swindlers, scammers and all those thieves are the lowest form of pond scum.

I hope they all choke on a turkey leg today or accidently deep fry there head and catch fire while cooking their stolen turkey.

This is my Thanksgiving wish 🤞 ❤

CeltofMissouri

Mug Rooster
FALaholic #
If you look at it from Gun Brokers point of view, if they are getting by (profiting, making a buck…), why would they bother with expensive staffing like that? They’ve never had customer support, like you said, so where is their business case for creating one? Far easier to just deny your existence, close your account and go on raking a percentage in…
Not trying to insult you. If a person looks at it from that viewpoint, things can get rather interesting.

Might as well not complain about the following.

Welfare cheats who get on the dole and make it a multi-generational thing.

The scum invading American via coming across the Southern border.

Grifter Joe and his offspring Hunter making money the way they did and I'm sure still do.

All politicians in general as they feed at the public trough on "our" tax money, etc.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the above including "the staff" at gunbroker since all the above are just doing what naturally comes to them moneywise.

CeltofMissouri

Mug Rooster
FALaholic #
Hackers, swindlers, scammers and all those thieves are the lowest form of pond scum.
I hope they all choke on a turkey leg today or accidently deep fry there head and catch fire while cooking their stolen turkey.
This is my Thanksgiving wish 🤞 ❤
Quoted for originality as well as justness in what should happen to such scum.

I keep picturing the head in a deep fryer episode, quite entertaining actually. 🍻 :)

OMCHamlin

FALaholic #
Not trying to insult you. If a person looks at it from that viewpoint, things can get rather interesting.

Might as well not complain about the following.

Welfare cheats who get on the dole and make it a multi-generational thing.

The scum invading American via coming across the Southern border.

Grifter Joe and his offspring Hunter making money the way they did and I'm sure still do.

All politicians in general as they feed at the public trough on "our" tax money, etc.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the above including "the staff" at gunbroker since all the above are just doing what naturally comes to them moneywise.
No insult taken, and I’m in no way excusing or defending Gun Brokers lack of service, just saying that is almost certainly their thought process in NOT having better service, they don’t feel they need to.
The rest of the examples you cite are just as real…

raubvogel

Contributor
FALaholic #
All of my email addresses used on different sites have a 2 step if someone tries to access it from a different computer or another device other than my own, I get a message asking if it's me before they grant access.
I would second that: enable multifactor authentication in yahoo.

Changing password is good, MFA of any sort (like text message to your phone or other email) is better. This way you will know if someone is trying to change your password or log in.

Best would be something like yubikey

CeltofMissouri

Mug Rooster
FALaholic #
No insult taken, and I’m in no way excusing or defending Gun Brokers lack of service, just saying that is almost certainly their thought process in NOT having better service, they don’t feel they need to.
The rest of the examples you cite are just as real…
Hope you had a great Thanksgiving and fair enough sir. I agree, it does make sense the way you put it from their perspective. Be nice if they actually gave a rip but those days appear to be long gone.

Rustycelt

FALaholic #
New geogeinohio scam alert, new member jamm_y
Yep, I got a message from him too about P70 canteen covers I've been looking for. He tried this with me last time (with different username). Same shit different day, however I played victim and asked him if he took Venmo (don't have it) and I needed his phone number ( which I got). If anyone has access to a cell phone tracker and a UAV, I'd say drop a JDAM down his chimney for Christmas. With Santa Claus painted on the side I might add for a humorous addition.
Either that or tell him some boys in black are coming for him, and they like to kick in doors if they aren't answered.