• WTB / WTS / WTT ADS
    All Advertisements, including Want to Buy, Want to Sell, Want to Trade, Belong in the MARKETPLACE ONLY. Any new threads posted offering an item for sale, looking to trade or buy an item which are posted outside of Marketplace will be deleted without notice or warning. Existing threads will be moved to marketplace.
  • Marketplace Feedback Ratings
    The Marketplace feedback ratings system is now back. You can now leave feedback for your Buy / Sell / Trade transactions. Instructions on how to leave feedback ratings can be found HERE

Snake boots!

hkshooter

Silver Contributor
FALaholic #
With me it's usually cat toys in my boots. spent the day with a fuzz ball jammed against my middle toe once.
Sucked up a couple of stranded cat toys hiding under a chest of drawers with the vacuum today. Never in my shoes, though. An ex-gf I had had a cat that hid toys in her shoes nearly daily. Was a big joke around the house.

lew

FALaholic #
First thing I always do- even with boots stored inside- is turn 'em over and shake 'em. Usually, it's just dirt and the occasional thorn. I've only had one small spider get shaken out. It was relocated so it could keep killin' bugs.

I was at Philmont Scout Ranch twenty plus years ago with my troop. Some kid in my patrol shook out a gopher snake from his boot first thing in the morning.

Sean308762

FALaholic #
When you had snake boots in your header I thought you were talking about Western boots made of snake skin (of which I have snake skin and Python). When I got the second pair the salesman tried to sell me a pair of lizard skin boots, he said you will not be able to get them next year, I asked him why and he told me they can't get them big enough. ( I take a size 16).

yovinny

Platinum Contributor
FALaholic #
Watch out for the little copperheads, they say their worse then the big ones.
The one thing I sure dont miss about KY, is the biblical proportion of copperheads we always had to deal with.

Andy2205

FALaholic #
Once upon a time in Mississippi,we were trail riding in De Soto National Forest. There was one trail that took us through a big bottom area just full of black mud and other swampy things. We arrived back at our parking spot and one of the guys happened to look down. Another rider had a cotton mouth latched onto his boot, at the ankle. Damn thing had struck at him and got imbedded in the thick leather of his riding boot.

LYCAN

FALaholic #
I went to my brothers house,for a few hours.
I went to leave and my one boot has a large quantity of dog food.

This is from a fugitive gerbil or hamster escape artist that has evaded capture for weeks.
Lol
#Evade & Resist!

Jokes aside, they usually hide & reside in the Pantry. Been through the same thing twice - 20 years apart.

Get a flashlight & check the kitchen pantry closet. You'll find a mini-nest in the corner.

What you found in the boot was merely his back up preps. 👍 (totally serious)

Randall

FALaholic #
When my wife and I were dating many years ago. We went camping in the desert in the back of my pickup truck. When we were ready for bed she kicked her boots off and left them on the ground. I promptly pick them up and put them on tailgate. She asked me why, and I told her that I grew up in the desert, and you never leave your shoes outside on the ground if you can help it.

She laughed at me, and then went to sleep.
Next morning we wake up and drive over to meet some friends who were camped just up the dirt road. Weren't there for more than a minute when one of the guys pointed at my back left tire where there was a scorpion crawling.

I didn't have to say a word. Just gave my wife that look. That was 35 years ago...the last time I was right about anything. :D